Followers, Family, Friends & Supporters... The L.@.Me's

"Late Night Special" - Joshua "OD" Mitchell

First thing's first, let's be clear... I am not a big fan of Gospel Rap (and no offense, a lot of traditional Gospel music as well).  At times it can be a bit more of a sermon put to music than I care for, but that's the same reason I don't care for today's music that TELLS me how to dress, dance, and act instead of allowing me to choose on my own... Ya know??

Anyway, that's neither here nor there.  A former Howard University classmate of mine by the name of Joshua "OD" Mitchell has recently dropped a Gospel mixtape called "Late Night Special" (if you listen to interviews on the project you'll understand the name better).  Not only does he have a crisp flow that would be appreciated by any fan of Hip-Hop and lyricism in general, but when he sings on his tracks, the vocals are just as impressive.

This project is not "preachy", nor does it have him painting himself as more Holy than the listener, which I really respect.  Songs like "How Far Can I Go" tell a story of the battle between lust and loyalty to God, while songs like "I Need You", "Outcry", and "Thank You (So Amazing)" are testimonials and messages to the world of his love for his Lord... I can dig it. 

A much appreciated supporter of my music, I've been following his career for a good bit and have seen him continue and blossom over the years.  Please support the homie and get hip to quality.... 



No comments: